New Treatment Options in
“There’s no reason a woman should be disfigured by a breast tumor when there’s a better, minimally invasive solution available.”
Breast disease is one of the most critical health issues facing women today. Millions of women are affected each year by cancerous breast tumors. Millions more are affected by non-cancerous fibroadenomas and other breast conditions.
Minimally invasive treatment solutions for breast tumors
Sanarus is committed to the development of minimally invasive products for the comprehensive treatment of breast disease. Our proprietary cryoablation technology offers a non-surgical alternative for the treatment of non-cancerous fibroadenoma breast tumors. The Company’s cryoablation Visica 2™ treatment system is currently being studied for the treatment of cancerous breast tumors in a National Cancer Institute funded phase II clinical trial.
Cryoablation eliminates breast tumors by freezing them. Proven
safe and effective with FDA 510(k) clearance, cryoablation of fibroadenomas is
an in-office procedure performed without surgery and with only minimal discomfort.
Both physicians and patients report high levels of satisfaction with
cryoablation. Best yet, the treatment produces excellent cosmetic results.1-5
1. Kaufman, C., Bachman, B., Littrup, P., et. al., “Office-Based Ultrasound-Guided Cryoablation of Breast Fibroadenomas,” The American Journal of Surgery, 2002, (184), 394-400.
2. Edwards, M., Broadwater, R., Tafra, L., et al., “Progressive Adoption of Cryoablative Therapy for Breast Fibroadenoma in Community Practice,” The American Journal of Surgery, 2004, (188), 221-224.
3. Nurko, J., Mabry, C., Whitworth, P., “Interim results from the FibroAdenoma Cryoablation Treatment Registry,” The American Journal of Surgery, 2005, (190), 647-652.
4. Kaufman, C., Littrup, P., Freeman-Gibb, et al., “Office-Based Cryoablation of Breast Fibroadenomas: 12-Month Follow-up,” Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 2004, 198 (6), 914-923.
5. Kaufman, C., Littrup, P., Freeman-Gibb, L., “Office Based Cryoablation of Breast Fibroadenomas with Long-Term Follow-up,” The Breast Journal, 2005, (11), 344-350.
Learn More about Sanarus Cryoablation
Medical Applications of Cryoablation
- Treatment of certain cancers
- Treatment of other conditions
- NCI funded clinical trial to study cryoablation